TLP Geography Optional 2018 [14th August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Yarlung Tsangpo river
- Netravati river
- Gir Forest National Park
- Mount Abu
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- New Mineral Policy of India
- Problems of coal sector in India
- Potential of wing energy in India
- Mineral conservation strategies
- Problems associated with dams
3. How do jet streams affect Indian monsoon. Examine. (20 marks)
4. Discuss the concept of frontogenesis. How do air masses affect climate? Discuss. (15 marks)
5. Discuss the movement and path of tropical cyclones. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Checkout some important links :