TLP Geography Optional 2018 [15th August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Ghaghra river
- Khardung la
- Periyar National Park
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Difference between weather and climate
- Various types of precipitation
- Areas of high precipitation and reasons thereof
- Trewartha’s classification of world climates
3. Marine resources form the next frontier of men’s quest for development. Comment. (20 marks)
4. Examine the richness of India’s biotic resources. (15 marks)
5. Examine the principles of climatic classification. (15 marks)