TLP Geography Optional 2018 [17th August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Kathiawar peninsula
- Cardamom hills
- Alaknanda river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Urban heat island
- Urban air circulation
- Eye of a tropical cyclone
- Dust storms in Delhi NCR
- Applied climatology
3. What are the reasons behind devastating floods in Kerala? Discuss. (20 marks)
4. Examine the challenges being faced by the coal sector in India. (15 marks)
5. Discuss the methodology of Monsoon prediction in India. (15 marks)