TLP Geography Optional 2018 [8th August]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Betwa river
- Nanga Parbat
- Palakkad gap
- Nagarhole National Park
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Evidences of continental drift
- Isostasy and mountain building
- Causes of urban flooding in India
- Climatic regions in India
3. Examine the effects of western disturbances on Indian agriculture. (20 marks)
4. Why does eastern coast have more cyclones than its western counterpart in India? Discuss. (15 marks)
5. On an outline map of India, examine the areas vulnerable to droughts. Also discuss their causative factors, effects and remedies. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Checkout some important links :