TLP Geography Optional 2018 [1st September]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Indravati river
- Gurgaon-Delhi-Meerut Industrial
- Bara-lacha La
- Sundaland biodiversity hotspot
- Pir Panjal ranges
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- MaMajor gene pool centres
- Advantages of agro-forestry
- Characteristics of social-forestry
- In situ wildlife conservation strategies
- India’s gene pool diversity
3. Have Special Economic Zones performed to their true potential i India? Critically evaluate. (20 marks)
4. Examine the principles of eco-tourism and its potential in India. (15 marks)
5. What implications do multinationals have on the local population? Do a critical analysis. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :