IASbaba’s GEOGRAPHY OPTIONAL CLASSES to Start from 5th August 2019 (Monday)
Thank you for the overwhelming response we received for the Orientation Session which was held on 20th July, 2019.
We will be starting off with GEOGRAPHY OPTIONAL OFFLINE CLASSES from 5th August 2019 (Monday).
The Classes will be taken by Atyab Ali Zaidi Sir (One of the highest scorers in Geography in the year 2012 and 2013), an Alumni of NIT Allahabad, Chemical Engineering and Associated with IASBABA since its inception.
He has been mentoring UPSC aspirants since past 5 years and many of his students have qualified this prestigious exam with flying colours.
The testimony of the quality of the classes is the following feedback comments provided by the students of the last year’s batch.
FEEDBACK of Geography Optional Class:
The purpose of this write up is twofold- to help you understand the merits of Geography as an optional and share the details of the comprehensive Geography Offline Classroom Programme.
But before we let you know the merits of Geography as an optional, please remove the notions and biases from your mind that might have developed as a result of your discussions on various online forums and maybe with your friends and seniors. UPSC doesn’t intentionally “butcher” a subject. All the optionals have their distinct advantages and drawbacks but by no stretch of imagination would UPSC give preference to one optional over the other. What may happen though is that some optionals might have scored more than the others in a particular year but that trend gets reversed also. That is the unpredictability of the Civil Services Examination that we have to live with. In fact, till the time optionals remain a part of CSE, this unpredictability will remain.
So, learn to live with it rather than blaming it. Most of the times, the answers to one’s failure or unexpected performance lies within and not externally.
So the message is clear for all the sceptics-
before blaming UPSC for its so called “bias” for or against any optional, try to find the reasons of not doing well by looking inward!
So coming to the point, let us enumerate the merits of Geography as an optional to help you decide whether it’s the subject for you:
1. Geography is scoring: If you maintain the essence of Geography in your answers, it will definitely fetch you good marks in Mains.
2. Geography is interesting: You will have a fun ride with geography as most of the concepts relate to the physical and social environment of which you are an integral part.
3. Geography has maximum overlap with GS syllabus: If you prepare Geography optional, more than 30-40% of your GS syllabus is automatically prepared. Moreover, you develop better perspectives for Essay paper and interview as well.
4. Geography is logic driven and scientific: Unlike some other humanities subjects, study of Geography entails logic, scientific theories and empirical evidences. This makes Geography easy to understand and apply.
5. Geography has abundance of sources to refer: There is no dearth of quality materials and good books in Geography. You don’t have to dig too much into bookstores to find good books on Geography.
Now, having discussed the merits, let us tell you what we have in store for your optional preparation. If you have already decided to choose Geography as your optional, we are pleased to offer 14 weeks of complete end to end guidance for Geography optional in the form of our comprehensive Offline Guidance Programme. The basic features of the programme are:
- Each session will comprise of intensive conceptual learning, discussion on previous year questions, quizzes, discussions etc.
- Master the technique of using the 6 tools of Geography to score really high in Mains.
- Value add notes(VAN) and Synopsis on selected topics.
- You can download the Tentative SCHEDULE – CLICK HERE
Please Note that,
- The OPTIONAL Programme will include Test Series and One-One Mentorship!!
- Duration of the Class: August 2019 to November 2019 (4 MONTHS)
- Timings: Classes will be held on WEEKDAYS ONLY. It will be held 3 day’s a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) from 2.30 pm-5.30 pm
- VENUE: Geography Optional Classes will be held in Hampinagar (RPC Layout) Centre.
- No.364, 5th Main, Hampinagar, Vijayanagar II Stage, Bangalore 560 040. Land mark: Between Hampinagar (RPC Layout) Post Office and Coffee day.
MODE OF ADMISSION :
PAYMENT LINK -> CLICK HERE
(Fees = 28,000 + Tax(18%) = 33,040 Rs)
Your payment confirms your admission!
Once the payment is done, you can take the print copy of online payment and come to centre along with 2 passport sized photographs, Aadhar card or 10th standard marks card and fill the application form.
You can directly come to the office and make the payment and confirm your admission.
OFFICE ADDRESS : Admission can be done at 2 Centres !
Vijayanagar Centre: 1737/ 37, MRCR Layout, Vijayanagar Service Road, Vijaynagar, Bengaluru-5660040
Landmark: Vijayanagar Metro station or Above Apple Showroom
Chandra Layout Centre: No. 1443/1444, Above Carzspa, 80 Ft. Main Road, Ganapathi Circle, Chandra Layout, Bengaluru- 560040
You can also reach us on
Email: [email protected]
Contact No.: 9035077800/9868111860 (10 AM to 5.30 PM)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :