Sarvatra Kavach: Indigenously developed Bullet-proof jacket
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Security
- Major Anoop Mishra was felicitated by Army chief Gen. Bipin Rawat with the Army Design Bureau (ADB) excellence award for indigenously developing Sarvatra Kavach.
- Sarvatra Kavach is a bulletproof jacket that can provide protection against various ammunition including that of sniper rifles.
- The suit was named Sarvatra Kawach as it provides protection from neck to ankle and upper arms
- The project was sanctioned in June 2017 and initially the design and development of a Level IIIA soft body armour suit was sanctioned and was subsequently revised to include a Level IV hard armour panel inserts.
- The ADB was set up to liaise with the industry and the academia and develop indigenous solutions for the Army