School Categorisation by Arunachal Pradesh
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance
- In Arunachal Pradesh State where teacher absenteeism has been a major issue in the public education system, schools will be marked ‘hard’, ‘soft’ and ‘medium’-— based on topography, accessibility and degrees of difficulty in staying at the place of posting
- Geography, lack of infrastructure and reluctance of teachers to work beyond their comfort zones are the reasons for this categorisation
- According to new teachers posting policy: All new recruits will be given a hard posting for a mandatory three years, inclusive of their probation period.
- The next five years will be in schools with levels of medium difficulty, followed by posting in soft schools
- This ensures need-based distribution of teachers to protect the academic interest of students and optimise job satisfaction among the teachers in a free and transparent manner