V.S. Sirpurkar Commission
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II – Polity
- The Supreme Court set up an inquiry commission led by its former judge, Justice V.S. Sirpurkar, to probe the circumstances of the police ‘encounter’ killing of four persons accused in the gang-rape and murder of a veterinarian in Hyderabad.
- The commission will sit in Hyderabad and has 6 months to complete investigation
- The apex court has, meanwhile, stayed the proceedings in the Telangana High Court and the NHRC into the incident.
- The four accused were taken to the scene of the crime around 60 km from Hyderabad in the early hours of December 6 for a re-construction of crime scene.
- Two petitions were filed in the Supreme Court claiming that the alleged encounter was “fake” and that investigating agency like police has no right to punish any accused without due process of law.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :