Government to seek green clearance for water aerodromes
Part of: GS Prelims –Polity and GS-II- Vulnerable section
- The Union Civil Aviation Ministry has given in-principle clearance to set up aerial airports (AIRDROME) in the country.
- Five states – Odisha, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, and Assam – have been identified for its launch.
- In the first phase of the project, Chilka Lake (Odisha), Sabarmati River Front and Sardar Sarovar dam (Gujarat) have been marked for the development of such facilities.
From Prelims point of view:
UDAN : ‘Ude Desh ka Aam Nagarik’
- scheme is a part of the National Civil Aviation Policy (NCAP)
- UDAN is a regional connectivity scheme spearheaded by the Government of India (GoI).
- Aims to develop smaller regional airports to allow common citizens easier access to aviation services.
- Operationalization and development of 425 underserved or unserved airports in the country
- Boost inclusive economic development by providing faster connectivity
- Development of air transport infrastructure in remote areas aiding job growth
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :