India to invite Pakistan PM Imran Khan to regional SCO summit
Part of: GS Prelims International Organizations and GS Mains II–India’s foreign relation
New Delhi will invite Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan to the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit
From Prelims point of view:
- SCO is a permanent intergovernmental international organisation.
- It’s a Eurasian political, economic and military organisation aiming to maintain peace, security and stability in the region.
- It was created in 2001.
- The SCO Charter was signed in 2002, and entered into force in 2003.
- It is a statutory document which outlines the organisation’s goals and principles, as well as its structure and core activities.
- The SCO’s official languages are Russian and Chinese.