Integrated Steel Hub
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains –II- Indian Polity- Cooperative Federalism; GS-III- Economy
- Integrated Steel Hub will encompass Odisha, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal and Northern Andhra Pradesh
- It aims to attract investment of nearly $70 billion in the steel sector and spur economic growth across eastern India
- It is a ‘Purvodaya’ initiative for focused development of eastern states.
- The eastern states collectively hold nearly 80% of the country’s iron ore, most of domestic coking coal reserves and significant portion of chromite, bauxite and dolomite reserves.
- Out of the 300 mt steel capacity by 2030-31, the region alone is capable of contributing over 200 mt.