Satcom technology: Rajasthan to utilize it in big way
Part of: GS Prelims and GS Mains II- Governance
- Rajasthan Government has started using satellite communication technology to enhance the learning outcome in educational institutions – for getting the services of subject experts in the government schools and colleges
- The institutions with the shortage of teachers will especially benefit from the geostationary satellite uplinking facilities.
- Government is also using the technology to generate awareness about social welfare schemes, while giving priority to the five aspirational districts selected by NITI Aayog in the State.
About Aspirational Districts.
- The Aspirational District Programme was launched by the Prime Minister on January 5, 2018. It aims to quickly and effectively transform some of India’s most underdeveloped districts.
- It will identify areas of immediate improvement, measure progress, and rank districts (done by NITI Aayog)
- The broad ideas of the programme include –
- convergence of central and state schemes
- collaboration of central, state level ‘Prabhari’ (in-charge) officers and district collectors
- competition among districts