Assisted Reproductive Technology Bill proposes national registry of clinics
- Union Cabinet approved the Assisted Reproductive Technology Regulation Bill, 2020
Bill proposes to:
- Monitor medical procedures used to assist people to achieve pregnancy.
- Provides for a national Board which will lay down a code of conduct to be observed by those operating clinics
- Formulate minimum standards for laboratory and diagnostic equipment and practices to be followed by human resources employed by clinics and banks.
- The States and Union Territories will also have to form State Boards and State authorities within three months of the notification of the proposed legislation.
Database: A national registry and registration authority will maintain a database to assist the national Board to perform its functions,
Punishment : Proposes stringent punishment for those who practise sex selection, indulge in sale of human embryos or gametes and those who operate rackets.
Privacy: Ensure confidentiality of intending couples and protect the rights of the child
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :