H1N1: MNC tells staff to work from home
Part of: GS Prelims –Sci & Tech and GS-II- Health
- Multinational company in Bengaluru has given a “work from home” guidance to its employees after two of them tested positive for influenza ‘A’ H1N1
From Prelims Point of View:
- Human respiratory infection caused by an influenza strain that started in pigs.
- First recognised in the 1919
- Swine flu is caused by the H1N1 virus strain, which started in pigs.
- Fever, cough, sore throat, chills, weakness and body aches.
- Airborne respiratory droplets (coughs or sneezes).
- Skin-to-skin contact (handshakes or hugs)
- Saliva (kissing or shared drinks).
- Touching a contaminated surface (blanket or doorknob)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :