H1N1: MNC tells staff to work from home
Part of: GS Prelims –Sci & Tech and GS-II- Health
- Multinational company in Bengaluru has given a “work from home” guidance to its employees after two of them tested positive for influenza ‘A’ H1N1
From Prelims Point of View:
- Human respiratory infection caused by an influenza strain that started in pigs.
- First recognised in the 1919
- Swine flu is caused by the H1N1 virus strain, which started in pigs.
- Fever, cough, sore throat, chills, weakness and body aches.
- Airborne respiratory droplets (coughs or sneezes).
- Skin-to-skin contact (handshakes or hugs)
- Saliva (kissing or shared drinks).
- Touching a contaminated surface (blanket or doorknob)