India, Maldives agree to take on terrorism, radicalisation
Home Minister Amit Shah met his Maldivian counterpart :
- Discussed bilateral cooperation in the fields of counter-terrorism and counter-radicalisation, among other things.
From Prelims Point of View:
- India first to recognize the Maldives after its independence in 1965
- India established its mission at Malé in 1972.
- Maldives archipelago comprising 1200 coral Islands lies next to key shipping lanes which ensure uninterrupted energy supplies to countries like China, Japan, and India.
- More than 97% of India’s international trade by volume and 75% by value passes through the region.
- Maldives member of SAARC
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :