International Conference on Standardisation of AYUSH Terminologies
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance
- Two day International Conference on Standardisation of AYUSH Terminologies (ICoSDiTAUS-2020) was held in New Delhi.
- The conference was jointly organized by the Ministry of AYUSH and the WHO
- It adopted the “New Delhi Declaration on Collection and Classification of Traditional Medicine (TM) Diagnostic Data”.
- The New Delhi declaration emphasised the commitment of the countries to Traditional Medicine (TM) as a significant area of health care.
- It further sought the opportunity for including traditional systems of medicine like Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD)
- ICD published by WHO is the standard diagnostic tool for health management across the world. The ICD provides a method of classifying diseases, injuries, and causes of death.
- More than 100 countries use the ICD system to report mortality data, a primary indicator of health status.