National Technical Textiles Mission
Part of: GS Prelims- Government Schemes and GS-II- Governance; GS-III-Economy
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved to set up a National Technical Textiles Mission with a total outlay of Rs 1480 Crore with a view to position the country as a global leader in technical textiles
- A Mission Directorate will be operational in the Ministry of Textiles.
- The Mission aims at increasing the size of the technical textiles in the domestic market to $40 billion which would require an average growth of at least 10 % per annum.
- Technical textiles are textiles materials and products manufactured primarily for technical performance and functional properties rather than aesthetic characteristics.
- Technical Textiles products are divided into 12 broad categories (Agrotech, Buildtech, Clothtech, Geotech, Hometech, Indutech, Mobiltech, Meditech, Protech, Sportstech, Oekotech, Packtech) depending upon their application areas.
- It will be implemented for four years starting from 2020-2021 and will have four components namely
- Research, development and innovation with an outlay of ₹1,000 crores
- Promotion and development of the market for technical textiles.
- Export promotion
- Promoting technical education at higher engineering and technology levels related to technical textiles.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :