Lucknow Declaration Adopted at the 1st India-Africa Defence Ministers Conclave, 2020
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Defence
- The first India-Africa Defence Ministers’ Conclave held in Lucknow
- adopted the Lucknow Declaration
- To deepen cooperation to combat the growing threat of terrorism
- Preserve maritime security by sharing information, intelligence and surveillance
From Prelims Point of view:
The DefExpo is biennial event organized by Ministry of Defence. The 11th edition of the event promises to bring in new technological solutions.
- Defence Exhibition Organisation is an autonomous organisation of the Indian Government established in 1981.
- The organisation was established to promote export potential of the Indian defence industry.
- The agency is responsible for organising international exhibitions such as DEFEXPO and Indian participation at overseas exhibitions.