Malai Mahadeshwara Wildlife Sanctuary to be a tiger reserve
Part of: GS Prelims –Environment and GS-II- Conservation
- Approval from the NTCA (National Tiger Conservation Authority) is expected to notify the Malai Mahadeshwara Wildlife Sanctuary as a tiger reserve.
From Prelims Point of View:
- Launched in 1973 with 9 tiger reserves
- Currently, The Project Tiger coverage has increased to 50 tiger reserves are constituted on a core/buffer strategy.
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme of the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change providing central assistance to the tiger States
National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) :
- Statutory body by 2006 amendment of Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
- Launched in 2005ecommendations of the Tiger Task Force.
- Supervisory/coordination role, performing functions as provided in the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972
- M-STrIPES (Monitoring System for Tigers – Intensive Protection and Ecological Status) is an app based monitoring system, launched across Indian tiger reserves by the NTCA in 2010.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :