Part of: GS Prelims –Polity and GS-II- Defence
Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) talked about :
- A road map for restructuring the Armed Forces that would holistically counter threats along the borders with China and Pakistan as well as in the Indian Ocean, backed by logistical agreements with other countries.
- An Indian Ocean-centered Peninsular Command, possibly formed by merging the Eastern and Western Naval Commands
Chief of Defence Staff (CDS):
- Cabinet Committee on Security approved the creation
- Principal military adviser to the defence minister
- Appointed in a four-star rank at par with the three service chiefs
- Permanent chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee (CoSC)
- Function as the Military Adviser to the Nuclear Command Authority
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :