SC voices concern over deforestation
Chief Justice of India said:
- Deforestation is so rapid that before anyone knows everything will be lost
- Condemned humanity’s tendency to abuse natural resources for greed and profit.
- Estimate the value of a tree, factoring in the value of the quantum of oxygen it emits in its lifetime.
From Prelims Point Of View:
- Large-scale removal of trees from forests (or other lands) for the facilitation of human activities.
- Result in the loss of biodiversity, damage to natural habitats, disturbances in the water cycle, and soil erosion.
- Contributor to climate change and global warming.
- Agriculture – small-scale and large scale farming
- Logging – cutting of trees for use as raw material
- Mining and urban expansion – clearing of forest area for the construction of infrastructure
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :