Swachh Bharat Mission second phase
- The Centre will begin implementing the second phase of its Swachh Bharat mission in rural areas
- Focusing on solid and liquid waste management and the sustainability of the abolition of open defecation.
- Budget for 2020-21 had allocated ₹9,994 crore for the first year of the mission’s Phase-II.
- Scheme will be implemented by the States, with a fund sharing pattern of 60:40 between the Centre and the States.
- In the north-eastern and Himalayan states, the Central share will be 90%.
From Prelims point of view:
Swachh Bharat Mission
- The Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) entered its fifth and final year of implementation.
- Aim to achieve Swachh Bharat by 2019, as a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th Birth Anniversary.
- SBM is a demand-centric model.
- It focuses on behaviour change to generate demand for sanitation services by the rural population which is then followed by supply.
- Rural sanitation coverage from 39% in October 2014 to 95% in 2018.
- 8.7 crore household toilets have been constructed
- 93.4% of the households in rural India who have access to a toilet use it
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :