Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health; Governance
- The Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare launched the National Teleconsultation Centre (CoNTeC) recently.
- The project is conceptualised by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- It will be implemented by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- The doctors across the country will be able to connect to AIIMS in real time for treatment of the COVID-19 patients.
- This facility shall be available 24X7.
- The goal of the facility is to at least connect the doctors in the country together to discuss amongst themselves the protocols undertaken and provide the best treatment accordingly.
- Small states will be able to make use of the vast experience of the doctors at AIIMS.
Important value additions:
National Teleconsultation Centre (CoNTeC)
- It is a Telemedicine Hub.
- Expert doctors from various clinical domains shall answer the multifaceted questions from specialists from all over the country.
- It is a multi-modal telecommunications hub.
- 2 way audio-video and text communications can be undertaken from any part of the country as well as the world at large.
- The modes of communication will include simple mobile telephony and two way video communications through WhatsApp, Skype and Google Duo.