Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health; Governance
- The Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare launched the National Teleconsultation Centre (CoNTeC) recently.
- The project is conceptualised by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- It will be implemented by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- The doctors across the country will be able to connect to AIIMS in real time for treatment of the COVID-19 patients.
- This facility shall be available 24X7.
- The goal of the facility is to at least connect the doctors in the country together to discuss amongst themselves the protocols undertaken and provide the best treatment accordingly.
- Small states will be able to make use of the vast experience of the doctors at AIIMS.
Important value additions:
National Teleconsultation Centre (CoNTeC)
- It is a Telemedicine Hub.
- Expert doctors from various clinical domains shall answer the multifaceted questions from specialists from all over the country.
- It is a multi-modal telecommunications hub.
- 2 way audio-video and text communications can be undertaken from any part of the country as well as the world at large.
- The modes of communication will include simple mobile telephony and two way video communications through WhatsApp, Skype and Google Duo.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :