Part of: GS Prelims
- The Ministry of Railways has decided that the period from 22.03.2020 to 14.04.2020 shall be treated under force majeure.
- The Ministry of Railways clarified that spread of coronavirus should be considered as a natural calamity and Force Majeure clause may be invoked.
- Charges like demurrage, wharfage won’t be applicable during this period.
Important value additions:
- Force majeure (FM) means extraordinary events or circumstances beyond human control such as an event described as an Act of God (like a natural calamity).
- Demurrage – A charge payable to the owner of a chartered ship on failure to load or discharge the ship within the time agreed.
- Wharfage – Accommodation provided at a wharf for the loading, unloading, or storage of goods.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :