Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance; Health
- Recently, the details of air travellers were leaked online raising privacy concerns.
- A forward of a list containing details of the passengers was received on number of social media platforms, which were forwarded further.
- The list included names, passport numbers, flight details, mobile phone numbers and addresses of all travellers.
- Apart from the threat of violence, each person on the list may be vulnerable to a number of crimes, like online fraud, electronic impersonation or identity theft.
- Beta app Corona Kavach has raised some red flags due to this leak.
Important value additions:
- It is a beta-version app by the Ministry of Electronic and Information Technology.
- It is an app designed to track the location of COVID-19 infected people and alert subscribers when they come near their locations.
- It has already been downloaded by more than 100,000 people.
- It is mandatory for all COVID-19 patients to download the app to track their whereabouts.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :