Homam ceremony performed
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I – Art and Culture
- Homam ceremony was recently performed at Srikalahastheeswara Devasthanam.
- The Homam is generally performed to ensure prosperity and well-being at the global level and health and longevity at the individual level.
- This time it was particularly performed to undo the negative effects of coronavirus.
Important value additions:
- The temple is famous across the world for performing ‘Rahu Ketu Puja’ every day to fight the ‘toxic’ effect of Rahu and Ketu, the ‘rogue serpents’ among the pantheon of Hindu gods.
- This is the only Saivite shrine in the country to remain open during the solar and lunar eclipse.
Image source: Click here