Enkasu card launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and Technology
- Karur Vysya Bank has launched Enkasu, a pre-paid card, in Karur (Tamil Nadu) to reduce cash transactions.
- En-Kasu in Tamil means – “My Money”
- Enkasu works on Near Field Communication Technology in a semi-closed loop.
- The cardholder can make tap-and-go payment for all purchases, even as meagre as Rs. 1.
- The Enkasu card will be beneficial to both merchants and customers alike.
- They can be accepted online as well as offline.
- Internet access is not mandatory for usage.
- It can be recharged through multiple means – through KVB’s mobile App DLite, UPI, NEFT or through KVB branches in Karur.
- Non-customers can also get an Enkasu card even if they do not have a bank account anywhere.
- Most merchant establishments across Karur will accept the card.
- KVB is also planning to expand the usage of Enkasu to other districts in Tamil Nadu.
Prelims Value Addition
Near Field Communication
- Near Field Communication (NFC) is a short-range wireless connectivity standard that uses magnetic field induction to enable communication between devices when they’re touched together, or brought within a few centimetres of each other.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :