Ayush Wellness Centre to come under NAM
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare schemes; Health
- The Union Cabinet has approved the inclusion of the AYUSH Health and Wellness Centre (AYUSH HWC) component of Ayushman Bharat in the National AYUSH Mission (NAM).
- The move is aimed at establishing a holistic wellness model based on AYUSH principles and practices.
- It focuses on preventive, promotive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative healthcare by integrating with the existing public health care system.
- The National Health Policy 2017 (NHP, 2017) has advocated mainstreaming the potential of AYUSH systems (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-rigpa and Homoeopathy) within a pluralistic system of Integrative healthcare.
- NHP, 2017 also empowers masses for ‘self-care’ to reduce the disease burden and out of pocket expenditure and to provide informed choice to the needy public.
Important Value Addition
National AYUSH Mission
- Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare launched the National Ayush Mission (NAM) in 2014.
- It a centrally sponsored scheme.
- It was launched with the basic objective of promoting Ayurveda, Yoga, Siddha & Unani and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) medical system through cost effective services, strengthening of educational systems, sustainable availability of ASU & H raw-materials and facilitate the enforcement of quality control of (ASU &H) drugs.
- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) is a flagship scheme of the Indian government’s National Health Policy.
- It aims to provide free health coverage at the secondary and tertiary level to its bottom 40% poor and vulnerable population.
- PM-JAY is the world’s largest and fully state sponsored health assurance scheme.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :