J&K will soon have a domicile policy: Home Minister
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Polity- Federalism
- A proper domicile police for J&K ensure protection to domiciles of J&K in government jobs, educational institutions and land rights.
- On August 5, 2019, the Centre revoked the special status of J&K under Article 370 and Article 35A of the Constitution.
- These two revoked provisions had enabled the J&K Assembly to decide the “permanent residents” of the erstwhile State, prohibiting people from outside from buying property and ensuring job reservation for residents.
Did you know?
- Article 371 grants some temporary, transition and special provisions to some states in the country.
- Ranging from Article 371-A to Article 371-J, this Article gives special provisions for the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Nagaland, Assam, Manipur, Andhra Pradesh, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Goa and Karnataka.