National Creche Scheme (NCS)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance
- As on 11th March 2020, 6453 creches are functional across the country under NCS
- National Creche Scheme (earlier named as Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme) is being implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
- Objective: To provide day care facilities to children (age group of 6 months to 6 years) of working mothers.
- The salient features of the National Creche Scheme are as follows:
- Daycare Facilities including Sleeping Facilities.
- Early Stimulation for children below 3 years and pre-school Education for 3 to 6 years old children.
- Supplementary Nutrition ( to be locally sourced)
- Growth Monitoring
- Health Check-up and Immunization