Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Security
- LCA Tejas is a single-engine multirole light combat aircraft.
- It replaced the aging Mig 21 fighter planes.
- It is the second supersonic fighter jet that was developed by HAL (the first one being HAL HF-24 Marut).
- Bodies involved: Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), the autonomous society of DRDO is the design agency and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) as the manufacturer
- It is the lightest and smallest multirole supersonic fighter aircraft in its class.
- It can attend the maximum speed of Mach 1.8.
- It is designed to carry a range of air-to-air, air-to-surface, precision-guided and standoff weaponry.
- It is a single pilot aircraft that has a maximum takeoff weight of 13,300 kg.
- It has a general range of 850 km and a combat range of 500 km.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :