National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance
- NABL is a Constituent Board of Quality Council of India.
- NABL has been established with the objective to provide Government, Industry Associations and Industry in general with a scheme for third-party assessment of the quality and technical competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
About Quality Council of India (QCI)
- QCI was set up in 1997 as an autonomous body
- It was setup jointly by the Government of India and the Indian Industry represented by the three premier industry associations i.e.
- Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM),
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
- It aims to establish and operate national accreditation structure and promote quality through National Quality Campaign.
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry, is the nodal ministry for QCI.
- Chairman of QCI is appointed by the Prime Minister on recommendation of the industry to the government.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :