National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II- Governance
- NABL is a Constituent Board of Quality Council of India.
- NABL has been established with the objective to provide Government, Industry Associations and Industry in general with a scheme for third-party assessment of the quality and technical competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
About Quality Council of India (QCI)
- QCI was set up in 1997 as an autonomous body
- It was setup jointly by the Government of India and the Indian Industry represented by the three premier industry associations i.e.
- Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM),
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
- It aims to establish and operate national accreditation structure and promote quality through National Quality Campaign.
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry, is the nodal ministry for QCI.
- Chairman of QCI is appointed by the Prime Minister on recommendation of the industry to the government.