Tech for Tribal
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II-Governance
- It is an initiative of TRIFED supported by Ministry of MSME
- The project aims at capacity building and imparting entrepreneurship skills to tribal forest produce gatherers enrolled under the Pradhan Mantri VanDhan Yojana(PMVDY).
- The trainees will undergo a 30 days program over six weeks comprising 120 sessions.
- Partnering Institutions: IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Roorkee, IIM Indore, Kalinga Institute of Social Science, Bhubaneshwar and SRIJAN, Jaipur
Prelims Value Addition
About Pradhan Mantri VanDhan Yojana(PMVDY).
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED, launched in 2018, to improve tribal incomes through the value addition of tribal products.
- It is a Market Linked Tribal Entrepreneurship Development Program for forming clusters of tribal Self-Help-Groups (SHGs) and strengthening them into Tribal Producer Companies
- It aims to set-up tribal community owned Minor Forest Produce (MFP)-centric multi-purpose Van Dhan Vikas Kendras.
- The Kendras would act as common facility centres for procurement cum value addition to locally available MFPs.
- One typical Van Dhan Vikas Kendra comprises of 15 Self Help Groups, each consisting of 20 Tribal gatherers.
- These SHGs will get training on sustainable harvesting/collection, primary processing & value addition and also provided with working capital to conduct their business.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :