AarogyaSetu App: To assess the risk of catching Coronavirus infection
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science & Technology
- Objective of App: To enable people to assess themselves the risk of catching the Coronavirus infection
- Working: The app utilizing Bluetooth technology detects other devices (also having same app) that comes in the proximity of the phone.
- It then calculates the risk of infection based on sophisticated algorithms and artificial intelligence if any of these contacts is tested positive.
- The app helps in quick contact tracing if a person is tested positive
- Developed by public-private collaboration involving multiple stakeholders
- Privacy Upheld: The personal data collected by the App is encrypted and stays secure on the phone till it is needed for facilitating medical intervention.