Price Monitoring & Resource Unit (PMRU): Set up in Jammu & Kashmir
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health, Governance
- Jammu & Kashmir Union Territory become 12th State where the PMRU has been set up by National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)
- The unit shall be funded by NPPA for its recurring and non-recurring expenses
- The PMRU, a registered society, will function under State Drug Controller of Jammu & Kashmir
- PMRU shall help NPPA and State Drug Controller in ensuring availability and accessibility of medicines at affordable prices.
- PMRU will collect samples of medicines, collect and analyse data and make reports with respect to availability & over-pricing of medicines for taking action under DPCO
- It is also expected to organise awareness activities related to affordability of medicines
Important value additions:
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy (NPPP) – governs price control.
- Drug Price Control Orders (DPCO) – enforces price control.
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) – monitors and controls drug prices.
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy-2012 – places a regulatory framework for pricing of drugs.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :