Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and technology
- The the government has been urged by IIT – Hyderabad to consider the use of ‘bag valve masks’ as an alternative to meet any surge in demand for ventilators, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bag valve masks are small devices used to deliver breathing support in emergency situations.
- They are also known as “ambu bags”.
- These are currently hand-powered and therefore not suitable for continuous use as a ventilator.
- Similar devices can be manufactured which is powered by an electrical source, like a car battery or conventional power supply.
- It is a portable and affordable device suitable to use even in villages and other remote areas.
- Conventional ventilators are generally expensive, hard to produce and not portable.
Image source: Click here
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :