CovidGyan: Multi-institutional, Multi-lingual science communication initiative created
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and Technology
- A multi-institutional, multi-lingual science communication initiative, called `CovidGyan’ has been created to bring the scientific and factual aspects of this pandemic outbreak on to public domain.
- The initiative is the brainchild of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), and Tata Memorial Centre (TMC).
- A website named ‘CovidGyan’ was also launched under this initiative.
- The website serves as a hub to bring together a collection of resources in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The primary objective of the website is to create public awareness and bring in a holistic approach to the understanding of this disease and potential means to mitigate it.