Geo-fencing app: To Locate quarantine violators
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science & Technology
- The application is called COVID-19 Quarantine Alert System (CQAS).
- CQAS relies on the person’s mobile phone’s cell tower location
- The app triggers e-mails and SMS alerts to an authorised government agency if a person has jumped quarantine or escaped isolation
- Department of Telecom (DoT) and C-DOT, in coordination with telecom service providers, have developed this application.
Important value additions:
- The Indian Telegraph Act empowers the government to seek phone data telecom companies – being utilized to track COVID-19 cases (Due process of Law followed)
- Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) established as registered society in 1984 is an autonomous Telecom R&D centre of DoT, Government of India.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :