nCoVSENSEs: Rapid Test device by Pune based Startup
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health
- Module innovations, a Pune based healthcare start up, is developing a testing kit device to detect COVID-19.
- The project is funded by Department of Science and Technology.
- The kit is named nCoVSENSEs
- It is a rapid test device, it can detect COVID-19 in 10-15mins
- It detects the antibodies that have been formed against COVID-19 in the human body
- Antibodies (IgG and IgM) are formed against any infection in the human body.
- The device is more efficient and less costly.
- The test is also targeted against the Spike proteins making it specific for COVID 19.
Magnified image of coronavirus
Image source: Click here
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :