Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) : Tenure of chairperson extended
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II & GS – III – Governance and Economy and related issues
- The Supreme Court has extended the tenure of chairperson of Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) by three months
- The tenure was supposed to end by this month.
Important value additions:
- Mandate: To adjudicate disputes and dispose of appeals with a view to protect the interests of service providers and consumers of the telecom sector.
- Created under: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997.
- The headquarter is in New Delhi.
- It was established in 2000.
- The TDSAT consists of a Chairperson and two Members.