Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) : Tenure of chairperson extended
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II & GS – III – Governance and Economy and related issues
- The Supreme Court has extended the tenure of chairperson of Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) by three months
- The tenure was supposed to end by this month.
Important value additions:
- Mandate: To adjudicate disputes and dispose of appeals with a view to protect the interests of service providers and consumers of the telecom sector.
- Created under: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997.
- The headquarter is in New Delhi.
- It was established in 2000.
- The TDSAT consists of a Chairperson and two Members.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :