Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) developed by DRDO
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and Technology
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a bio suit to keep the medical, paramedical and other personnel, who engaged in combating COVID-19, safe from the deadly virus.
- It has also developed technologies for sanitising areas of different sizes.
- DRDO has developed this Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) having specific type of fabric with coating.
- It has prepared a special sealant as an alternative to seam sealing tape based on the sealant used in submarine applications.
- For sanitising small area, Portable Backpack Area Sanitisation Equipment has been developed.
- Trolley Mounted Large Area Sanitisation Equipment is developed for sanitising large areas.
Important value additions:
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- It is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :