Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) developed by DRDO
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and Technology
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a bio suit to keep the medical, paramedical and other personnel, who engaged in combating COVID-19, safe from the deadly virus.
- It has also developed technologies for sanitising areas of different sizes.
- DRDO has developed this Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) having specific type of fabric with coating.
- It has prepared a special sealant as an alternative to seam sealing tape based on the sealant used in submarine applications.
- For sanitising small area, Portable Backpack Area Sanitisation Equipment has been developed.
- Trolley Mounted Large Area Sanitisation Equipment is developed for sanitising large areas.
Important value additions:
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- It is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi.