Funds allocated to State Disaster Risk Management Fund
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Disaster management; GS-II – Centre – State Relations
- Union Minister of Home Affairs (MHA) approved the release of ₹11,092 crore under the State Disaster Risk Management Fund (SDRMF) to all the States to take measures for containment of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The funds were allocated to the States on the recommendation of the 15th Finance Commission.
- It was also reiterated to the State Chief Secretaries to ensure that exceptions with regard to farming operations, be allowed under the 21-day lockdown while maintaining Social Distancing.
Important value additions:
State Disaster Risk Management Fund (SDRF)
- It is the primary fund available with State Governments for responses to notified disasters to meet expenditure for providing immediate relief to the victims.
- Centre contributes 75% of SDRF allocation for general category States and Union Territories and 90% for special category States (North East States, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir).
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :