SVAMITVA scheme: a new initiative of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes
- Indian Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj has issued guidelines regarding the SVAMITVA scheme.
- It is a new initiative of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
Important value additions:
- It is a collaborative effort of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Panchayati Raj Departments, State Revenue Departments and Survey of India.
- It is currently being implemented in six states –
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- It aims to provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India for setting the boundaries of the rural lands.
- Latest drone survey technology shall be used for mapping of rural housing land.
- This scheme will help in streamlining planning and revenue collection in rural areas.
- This will also help in resolving property related disputes.
- The scheme will enable creation of better-quality Gram Panchayat Development Plans (GPDPs).
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :