SVAMITVA scheme: a new initiative of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes
- Indian Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj has issued guidelines regarding the SVAMITVA scheme.
- It is a new initiative of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
Important value additions:
- It is a collaborative effort of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Panchayati Raj Departments, State Revenue Departments and Survey of India.
- It is currently being implemented in six states –
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- It aims to provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India for setting the boundaries of the rural lands.
- Latest drone survey technology shall be used for mapping of rural housing land.
- This scheme will help in streamlining planning and revenue collection in rural areas.
- This will also help in resolving property related disputes.
- The scheme will enable creation of better-quality Gram Panchayat Development Plans (GPDPs).