Two recent innovations by National Chemical Laboratory: Digital Thermometer & Oxygen Enrichment Unit
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and technology
- Recent innovations by CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, can help in the mitigation of the Coronavirus outbreak.
- The innovations are Hand held digital IR thermometer and Oxygen enrichment unit (OEUs).
- Hand held digital IR thermometer is an important component of measures to mitigate Coronavirus outbreak.
- Mobile phone or power banks can be used as a power source.
- The design of thermometer is available open source wherein software design and mass manufacturing-ready hardware will be available to manufacturers across India for free.
- Oxygen enrichment unit (OEUs) will increase the oxygen concentration from the ambient air of 21-22% to 38-40%.
- OEU is hollow fiber membrane bundles which will separate and filtrate ambient air to produce enriched oxygen for patients in home and hospital settings.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :