NAADI: Science – based tool to track COVID-19 patients
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and technology
- The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has prepared a Data Science-based tool.
- The tool shall help in tracking the movements of COVID -19 patients or quarantined people across the country.
- The system has been named National Analytical Platform for Dealing with Intelligent Tracing, Tracking and Containment (NAADI).
- The information generated by the tool would be accurate up to a metre.
Important value additions:
- The development of this tool is undertaken by C-DAC under Supercomputer using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Healthcare Analytics based Research, Covid-19 (SAMHAR).
- The SAMHAR project is in partnership with the National Supercomputing Mission.
- The mission was established in association with startups and industries to build a rapid supercomputing system and research community for India to fight COVID-19.
The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
- It is an Autonomous Scientific Society of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- The National Centre for Software Technology, ER&DCI and CEDTI were merged into C-DAC in 2003.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :