NAADI: Science – based tool to track COVID-19 patients
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and technology
- The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has prepared a Data Science-based tool.
- The tool shall help in tracking the movements of COVID -19 patients or quarantined people across the country.
- The system has been named National Analytical Platform for Dealing with Intelligent Tracing, Tracking and Containment (NAADI).
- The information generated by the tool would be accurate up to a metre.
Important value additions:
- The development of this tool is undertaken by C-DAC under Supercomputer using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Healthcare Analytics based Research, Covid-19 (SAMHAR).
- The SAMHAR project is in partnership with the National Supercomputing Mission.
- The mission was established in association with startups and industries to build a rapid supercomputing system and research community for India to fight COVID-19.
The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
- It is an Autonomous Scientific Society of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- The National Centre for Software Technology, ER&DCI and CEDTI were merged into C-DAC in 2003.