Walk through Mass sanitizing Tunnel at Ahmedabad station
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Governance; Health; GS-III – Science and technology
- Ahmedabad railway station becomes the first station of Indian Railways to install a Walk Through Mass Sanitizing Tunnel.
- It is set up to ensure the safety of staff and passengers in view of the COVID-19.
- The distance can be covered within 10 seconds.
- The tunnel is fitted with a sensor so that when a passenger approaches the tunnel entrance, it starts fogging automatically with WHO approved sanitizer.
- The system runs on the principle of Vaporization process.
- It converts the sanitizer mixture into vapour which forms a uniform layer over the surface and dries up quickly.