IDEAthon on “The Future of River Management’
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Environment
- Recently, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) had organized an IDEAthon on “The Future of River Management’.
- Aim of the event was to explore how the Covid-19 crisis can shape river management strategies for the future.
- Namami Gange (implemented by the NMCG) and NIUA plan to bring out a policy paper based on the event.
Important value additions:
National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
- It is the implementation wing of the National Ganga Council.
- It was established in the year 2011 as a registered society.
- It is under the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- It has a two-tier management structure.
- It comprises of Governing Council and Executive Committee.
- To ensure effective control of pollution and rejuvenation of the river Ganga by adopting a river basin approach.
- To maintain minimum ecological flows in the river Ganga with the aim of ensuring water quality and environmentally sustainable development.
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
- It is an institute for research, training and information dissemination in urban development and management.
- It is located in New Delhi, India.
- It was established in 1976 as an autonomous body under the Societies Registration Act.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :