India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations appointed
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations; International Groupings
- India has appointed diplomat T S Tirumurti as its Permanent Representative to the United Nations.
Important value additions:
The Permanent Mission
- It is the diplomatic mission that every member state appoints to the United Nations.
- It is headed by a Permanent Representative, who is also referred to as the “UN ambassador”.
- It is also mentioned in the Article 1 (7) of the Vienna Convention.
- It is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations
- It is the largest and most powerful organization in the world.
- Headquarters: New York City; other main offices: Geneva, Nairobi, Vienna and The Hague.
- Official languages:
- India was among the original members of the UN that signed the Declaration by United Nations at Washington, D.C. in 1944.
- It also participated in the United Nations Conference on International Organization at San Francisco from 25 April to 26 June 1945.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :